“Fire Fighter / Paramedic Educational Opportunity”
If you are
becoming a Fire
Fighter and/or a
Paramedic, the Town
of Madison Fire
offering one of the
to do so. As it
becomes harder to
achieve a career position in the fire service, having not only Fire Fighter skills, but also EMS skills, becomes crucial. The Town of Madison Fire Department offers the opportunity to become a well rounded Fire Fighter and Paramedic through education and experience.
A 3 year Internship Program earning, but not limited to
- Associate Degree in Fire Science
at the EMT-Basic
- 3 years of
experience with the help of
fire and EMS including, but not limited to, classes, seminars, and other
Interns are provided with:
- Living quarters at the fire station
- Paramedic training paid in full
- $1000 per semester toward your Fire Science Associate Degree
- A monthly
$200 per mo.
1st year and
$300 per mo.
- High School Diploma & Transcripts (excellent grades)
- Physically able to perform the job duties
- Medical evaluation by MD
- Campus Reading placement Test
- Oral Interview with panel
EMT Basic is
Two Interns are selected each year for the educational opportunity.
For an Application write:
Town of Madison Fire Department
Attn: Assistant Chief Wright
2120 Fish Hatchery Rd.
Madison, WI 53713
Telephone: (608)-210-7261 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org